Klose Training Manual Lymph Drainage Certification
This 5½ day MLD certification course is based on the techniques developed by Dr. Emil Vodder, Ph.D., MT. When skillfully applied, this therapeutic form of soft-tissue mobilization dramatically enhances lymph formation and promotes drainage within the superficial and deep systems of the lymph vascular network. During this course, students will be instructed in the anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic system. Basic MLD treatment sequences, as well as MLD treatment sequences for mild, medically-uncomplicated upper and lower extremity lymphedema, will be demonstrated and practiced. Each day will be divided into two sections: theoretical and hands-on application.
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the anatomy and the relevant scientific terminology related to the lymphatic system.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the differentiation between the normal and diseased states of the lymphatic system (physiology and pathophysiology of the lymphatic system).
- Demonstrate an understanding of the indications and contraindications related to the use of MLD.
- Competently perform the techniques of MLD for all body areas.
- Develop appropriate treatment strategies for indications such as post-surgical edema, post-traumatic edema, fibromyalgia, general detoxification and other conditions.
- Competently perform MLD on clients after breast surgery for cancer (clients who are at risk of developing lymphedema).
- Competently perform MLD on clients with mild, medically-uncomplicated primary or secondary lymphedema
This course is designed for Licensed/Registered Massage Therapists who have completed at least 500 hours of massage training or are certified by the NCBTMB. The course is also open to PTs, PTAs, OTs, COTAs, ATCs, RNs, and MDs but these professionals should first consult with Klose Training to ensure this is the appropriate class.
Please contact Erin Maranjian at 970-218-1443 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.