Why add Manual Lymph Drainage to your tool kit?
Manual Lymph Drainage (MLD) is valuable for many conditions including edema from surgery or traumatic injury, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, migraines, scarring and more. MLD is also a benefit to the overall health and relaxation of clients and can be used in conjunction with other techniques.
Why should you become certified?
The value of MLD is becoming more understood and appreciated by both the beauty and health industries. Our clients are asking for MLD to help with lymph system support and post-surgical rehabilitation and general health benefits. True Vodder method MLD cannot be learned in a one- or two-day continuing education class. Certification by a reputable program will make you a highly respected and sought-after therapist.
Our program is unique in not only the quality of information but because of the resources and support we make available to students after graduation. We offer an extremely reputable course based on techniques developed by Dr. Emil Vodder, PhD, MT. The Vodder Technique is the gold standard in Manual Lymph Drainage. The theory and hands-on practice in this course empower participants with the skills and knowledge to use MLD safely and effectively.
Why choose Klose Training?
- Our curriculum is evidence-based, and our manuals are routinely updated to ensure you have the latest information.
- We pride ourselves on the individual attention we give our students from the first contact through our post-graduate support.
- Our instructors are all actively treating, LANA certified therapists with years of first-hand experience they will share with you.
This 5½-day MLD certification course is based on the techniques developed by Dr. Emil Vodder, Ph.D., MT. When skillfully applied, this therapeutic form of soft-tissue mobilization dramatically enhances lymph formation and promotes drainage within the superficial and deep systems of the lymph vascular network. During this course, students will be instructed in the anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic system. Basic MLD treatment sequences as well as MLD treatment sequences for mild, medically uncomplicated upper and lower extremity lymphedema will be demonstrated and practiced. Each day will be divided into two sections: theoretical and hands-on application.
Participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the anatomy and the relevant scientific terminology related to the lymphatic system.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the differentiation between the normal and diseased states of the lymphatic system (physiology and pathophysiology of the lymphatic system).
- Demonstrate an understanding of the indications and contraindications related to the use of MLD.
- Competently perform the techniques of MLD for all body areas.
- Develop appropriate treatment strategies for indications such as post-surgical edema, post-traumatic edema, fibromyalgia, general detoxification and other conditions.
- Competently perform MLD on clients after breast surgery for cancer (clients at risk to develop lymphedema).
- Competently perform MLD on clients with mild, medically uncomplicated, primary or secondary lymphedema.
This course is designed for Licensed/Registered Massage Therapists who have completed at least 500 hours of massage training or are certified by the NCBTMB. The course is also open to PTs, PTAs, OTs, COTAs, ATCs, RNs, and MDs but these professionals should first consult with Klose Training to ensure this is the appropriate class.
Hear what massage therapists who have completed Klose Training Manual Lymph Drainage Certification course taught by Erin Maranjian have to say…
“Love Erin! She was very knowledgeable, patient, and fun. Her experience and background more than qualify her as an expert and hearing real-life examples was helpful. “
“Erin has a very calming presence. She’s patient, knowledgeable, encouraging, and supportive.”
“Erin was excellent. Very professional but also fun. Very informative and supportive with all our questions.”
“Great teacher. Very approachable for questions, ideas and concerns.”
“Erin has a calm presence and is very supportive through feedback and encouragement. She is extremely knowledge on this topic.”
For more course dates and locations taught by Erin and our other outstanding Klose Training instructors, contact Erin or see our schedule page at klosetraining.com.